|Episode name pun on: Treble Clef (A musical term )|
|Airdate:||May 11, 2018 (Online)|
May 25, 2018 (Australia and New Zealand
June 3, 2018 (US)
August 4, 2019 (IT)
"Mojo the Great"
"Save the Date"
Trouble Clef is the last episode (and the eighty-fifth episode overall) of Season 2 of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on June 3, 2018.
The girls appear on a TV show called "Townsville Tonight" where they single out Princess Morbucks as a villain. Incensed that they think that, Princess writes a rap song that has the city mesmorized into liking her and turning against the girls. Now, the girls have to find a way to get the town on their side once again.
- Princess Morbucks
- Professor Utonium
- Kash Money Crew
- Students Of Midway Elementary
- Jared Shapiro
- Citizens of Townsville
- Mojo Jojo (cameo)
- The Mayor of Townsville (cameo)
- Villain Worshipping Fan Girl
- The plot of this episode could be a reference to the plot of the 1998 classic series episode, "Tough Love".
- This is the fourth episode that involves rapping after the episodes "Puffdora's Box", "Once Upon a Townsville" and "Secret Swapper of Doom".
- This is the second time Morbucks doesn't know Buttercup's name. The first time it was shown was "Aliver".
- The episode intro contains footages of Abs Man from "Musclecup" and Zeit Geist from "Road Trippin'".
- During Morbucks' rap sequence, the stock footage of a collapsed building from "A Slight Hiccup" is reused.
- This is the first appearance of Morbucks Manor in the reboot.
- Morbucks' concert takes place at the Townsville Matta Dome is similar in "Super Sweet 6" when Morbucks throws her 6th birthday party.
- If you look closely Morbucks still has the picture frame of her and Blossom hugging in the episode "Poorbucks" on top of her fireplace.
- Running gag: The trash can falling on the floor.
- Plothole: In the 1998 series episode "Mime for a Change", the Girls shown to be good at making a song. Unlike in this episode, they seem to have a hard time creating a catchy tune.
- Morbucks called The Powerpuff Girls her BFFs while watching "Townsville Tonight" on TV. By right, The Powerpuff Girls hate Princess Morbucks and want nothing to do with her and considered her a "villain".
- Morbucks made her first real friend in this episode who wants to be a villain likes her and also hates The Powerpuff Girls for being heroes. Princess Morbucks never did made any real friends in the original 1998 series, this so far the first time ever she have a real friend.
- The Powerpuff Girls didn't said anything bad or false about Princess Morbucks or even mentioned her in their music video likes Morbucks did in her video about The Powerpuff Girls to makes the Girls look bad because they know that they would stoop to Morbucks' level if they did and The Girls want to the people of Townsville on their side more fairly and honestly as possible.
- a-ha - The songs in this episode are parodies of "Hyponize - Biggie Smalls" and "Take on Me" by the Norwegian band.
- Martin Garrix - At the beginning of the concert, Together sounds, made by the Dutch interpreter
- Festival of Viña del Mar - It is a satire to the international festival of Viña del Mar.
- Jem and the Holograms - The Girls wear their 80's outfits loosely based off an all-girls rock group, particularily Jem and the Holograms.
- Chelsea Handler - Sophie Golden is loosely based off the comedian talk show host.
- Devo - Octi is seen wearing the famous Devo energy dome.
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part - It is also a same reference to the Catchy Song from the Systar System that brainwashes Emmet’s Friends except Wyldstyle.