Tara Lyn Charendoff was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, to Jewish Canadian parents Syd and Lucy Charendoff, who ran a convenience/toy/candy store called The Wiz. Strong's acting career began when she volunteered to be a soloist in the school production at age four. Soon, she began acting in the Yiddish Theater; though she did not know Yiddish, she memorized her lines phonetically. During this time, she also performed at the Toronto Jewish Theater (TJA), where she acted in A Night of Stars, and was featured in an audiotape for "Lay Down Your Arms" with the Habonim Youth Choir, where she sang the lyrics in both English and Hebrew, a feat she repeated on February 10, 2005, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel during the March of the Living dinner in honor of Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger. At age thirteen, Strong was accepted into a performing arts school, where she landed her first professional role: the role of Gracie in the Limelight Theater's production of The Music Man. That same year, she booked a guest starring role in Mr. T's T. and T. Afterwards, she landed the title role in Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater and starred in the short-lived CBC Television sitcom Mosquito Lake before moving to Los Angeles in the midst of the 1994 Northridge earthquake.
Her favorite episode recorded was "Bubblevicious".
List of performed voice acts:
Strong is the voice behind a multitude of North American animated characters, including main roles in
- Batman as Batgirl and Harley Quinn
- Fillmore! as Ingrid Third
- Rugrats and All Grown Up! as Dil Pickles
- The Powerpuff Girls as Bubbles
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea as Melody
- Nickelodeon's The Fairly OddParents as Timmy Turner and Poof
- Xiaolin Showdown as Omi
- Drawn Together as Princess Clara and Toot Braunstein
- The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World as Hip/Lemmy and Cheatsy/Iggy Koopa
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends as Terrence
- Transformers Animated as Sari Sumdac, Slipstream, Slo-Mo, Strika, Red Alert, Mayor Edsel's press secretary, and additional voices
- Sym-Bionic Titan as Ilana Lunis
- Chowder as Truffles
- My Life as a Teenage Robot as Killgore
- Ben 10 as Ben Tennyson, Gwen Tennyson, Upgrade, Benwolf, and Buzzshock
- Ben 10: Omniverse as Young Ben Tennyson, Molly Gunther, Pesky Dust, and Pakmar
- Family Guy as the singing voice of Meg Griffin and additional voices
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as Twilight Sparkle
- Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island as Lena Dupree
- The Legend of Frosty the Snowman as Sara Simple
- Madeline as Chloe
- 101 Dalmatians: The Series as Spot Chicken
- Robot Chicken as voicing various characters
- Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 as Rikku
She currently voices Betty Boop in commercials with Tress MacNeille.
Outside her voice role as Raven, she appeared for the first time as herself in Teen Titans Go! in the episode, "The Self-Indulgent 200th Episode Spectacular!".