|Episode name pun on: The city in The Powerpuff girls "Townsville"|
|Airdate:||March 24, 2017|
"15 Minutes of Fame"
Splitsville is the fourth episode (and forty-third episode overall) of Season 2 of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on March 24, 2017.
Each of the girls are faced with a separate dilemma: Buttercup with a monster dog that multiplies when it gets hit, Blossom with a destructive robot at the library, and Bubbles with helping a farmer cross a river. They each tap into one another's identities in accomplishing their goals.
- Fancy Monster
- Robber Baron
- Townsville Girls Basketball Team
- Sherlock Holmes
- Raptor King
- Cuddle Bunny
- In this episode; Bubbles uses her math skills to move the boat, Buttercup tames the slime dog monsters, and Blossom aggressively takes down a robot with brute force.
- Bubbles' challenge is a reference to the iconic "Fox-Chicken-Grain" riddle/game.
- This episode marks the second time in the 2016 series where Bubbles impersonates one of her sisters, the first time was "Green Wing". In this episode, she is impersonating Blossom.
- To defeat their challenges; Bubbles acts like Blossom, Buttercup acts like Bubbles, and Blossom acts like Buttercup.
- One lesson the girls learn in this episode is that they will always need each other's personality and skills to solve a problem. (Whether it be physically or mentally).
- This is the second time in the 2016 series where another character (Bubbles) impersonated Blossom. The first time was in "TTG v PPG" where Robin impersonated as Blossom to trick Mojo Jojo.
- Each of the Girls pick their movie for their movie night:
- Blossom's movie "The Spreadsheets of Madison County", a parody of the 1995 romantic-film The Bridges of Madison County.
- Buttercup's movie "Bearnado", a homage of the 2013 sci-fi thriller movie Sharknado.
- Bubbles' movie "Cuddle Bunny" a rip-off of Cuddly Bunny of the Fluffy Bunch.
- The Robber Baron is vaguely similar of the character Dick Dastardly from the classic Hannah-Barbera cartoon Wacky Races along its 2017 reboot.
- This is the first time Buttercup had bulging biceps.
- The tattoos on Buttercup's biceps are a reference to the two veterans Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Amelia Earhart.
- When Buttercup named her biceps, it is similar when she named her fists from "The Powerpuff Girls Rule!!!"
- The way the slime monster dogs multiply similars from the original series episode "Divide and Conquer" when the Amoeba Boys were multiplying as well.
- This is the first time that the main characters think that Buttercup in CITV has white colored subtitles, Bubbles that she has yellow colored and Blossom that she has cyan colored subtitles.