|Somewhere Over the Swingset|
|Episode name pun on: From the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow.|
|Airdate:||November 18, 2016 (online)|
December 2, 2016 (television)
Somewhere Over the Swingset is the thirty-eighth episode of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It premiered on Cartoon Network's website on November 18, 2016, and it aired on Cartoon Network in the US on December 2, 2016. This episode centers on the girls.
A mysterious person comes to Townsville, challenging anyone who can be brave enough to try his swing set. Against the Professor's wishes, the girls take up the challenge and swing so high that they end up in an alternate dimension where everything is perfect.
- Ms. Keane (cameo)
- Students of Midway Elementary School
- The Mayor of Townsville
- Mojo Jojo
- Fuzzy Lumpkins
- Robin Snyder (cameo)
- Big Joey
- Rainbow party creatures
- The title of this episode is a pun on the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow from the 1939 MGM movie, The Wizard of Oz.
- This episode marks Allegro's second appearance since "Painbow" and the last appearance in the first season.
- This episode marks a rare occasion to utilize an audience laugh track on the show. Previously, the original 1992 Whoopass Stew short "A Sticky Situation" only had the audience laugh track going off near the end of the scene where the girls were frying the Amoeba Boys in the sun.
- Sometimes when the laugh track went off, music similar to the music from Seinfeld would play in the background.
- "Eat Think Smile" is a parody of Julia Robert's 2010 film Eat Pray Love.
- This episode marks the second time where Bubbles twerks, the first being "Painbow".
- The plot of this episode is mysteriously similar to the plot of the 1998 episode, "Tough Love".
- When Blossom remarked the Mayor a Bizarro, which is a reference to a DC Comics character.
- This episode aired eighteen years after the first aired episodes "Monkey See, Doggie Do/Mommy Fearest" from the classic 1998 series.
- When Buttercup beat up one of the citizens was that guy wearing an Uptown T-shirt make his reappearance from the short "Air Buttercup".
- Mojo and Fuzzy get missing when the Girls are beating up Allegro's army.
- Before the Professor left the girls' bedroom, Buttercup's torso was transparent.
- When in the girls' bedroom, Buttercup's green color was much brighter than it usually is.