|Episode name pun on: None|
|Airdate:||June 16, 2019|
August 2, 2019 (UK)
"Sideline Dad" is the fortieth and final episode of Season 3 of The Powerpuff Girls. It is also the one-hundred nineteenth episode of the series and the series finale altogether. It premiered on Cartoon Network on June 16, 2019.
When the Girls start playing soccer, the Professor goes overboard.
- Robin (cameo)
- Citizens Of Townsville
- Coach Darby
- Professor Utonium Clone
- The plot of this episode may be a reference to the 1998 episode "Powerprof". and the 2016 reboot episode "Professor Proofed", because they both have a strong focus on either the Professor fearing for the Girls safety, or in the latter being the Girls fearing about the Professor’s safety.
- Robin Snyder is referred to by a fellow player as Candice, it is unclear why this occurs.
- The versions of the Professor in his mind is a reference to the Disney • Pixar film Inside Out.
- This is one of the few episodes written by Jake Goldman that doesn't feature Jared Shapiro.
- Previously, there was controversy over whether this episode marked the end of the reboot because no new episodes aired for 2 years after this episode, and there was no official announcement saying that the reboot was over. However, as of February 9, 2021, The CW Television Network has ordered a pilot for its live-action PPG show, leading most to come to the conclusion that no further content involving the 2016 iteration of the series is being produced as of 2021.
- Total Eclipse of the Kart was originally going to be the series finale, but it got pushed back early, making this episode the series finale instead.
- This is the latest episode to air in the franchise until Powerpuff (Upcoming Series) premieres.
- Due to the fact that this is the final episode of the series, it is also:
- The final episode produced by Cartoon Network Studios as the live-action series won’t be produced by mentioned studio.
- The final appearances of Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup, The Mayor of Townsville, The Professor, and the citizens of Townsville in the 2016 series.
- The final episode to have all voice actors featured in this episode as part of the voice cast.
- The final episode to air in 2019.
- The final episode of Season 3.
- This is the second and final time the girls are part of a sports team since they were on two Kickball teams in "Little Octi Lost", and the only time they are in the same sports team together.
- The final episode to air on Cartoon Network.
- The final episode where Tom Kane voices the Professor due to the fact that he has been suffering a stroke as of October 2020, which left him with right-sided weakness and damage to his speech, writing, and reading capabilities.
- Although the 2016 iteration of the series has ended after this episode, Cartoon Network is yet to announce more Powerpuff Girls content in the future, whether it would be a new series, a theatrical film, web shorts, or spin offs, but technically not a 4th Season for the reboot.