|Episode name pun on: Professor Utonium|
|Airdate:||November 4, 2016 (online)|
November 29, 2016 (television)
Leticia Abreu Silva
Professor Proofed is the thirty-fifth episode of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It premiered on Cartoon Network's website on November 4, 2016, and it aired on Cartoon Network on November 29, 2016.
After an accident in the lab, the girls become worried about the Professor's safety and seek to protect him from all of the potential dangers he could face. They all soon become very concerned about this, therefor putting The Professor in a bubble. However, things become complicated when a baby is hit by the Professor's gigantinator ray and runs amuck downtown, forcing the girls to try and protect the Professor while dealing with the threat.
- When the Giant Baby got hit by a gigantification ray was likely a reference from the 1992 film Honey, I Blew Up a Kid.
- This episode's premise is similar to the classic 1998 series episode "What's the Big Idea?" when the Girls became giant and almost destroying the town.
- When the Professor was inside the bubble for safety the same thing happened in the Loud House episode "Butterfly Effect".
- When Blossom quoted, "The Professor isn't a superhero like us." is a callback from the original series episode "Powerprof." when the Professor became a superhero.
- It was Buttercup who actually started the events of the episode. She put so much pepper in the pancakes making the Professor sneeze and the rod for the gigantinator ray break and exploded.
- This is the sixth episode to use stock footage.
- Moral: Don't fear and cower from the world around you, as you cannot function well in life that way. (Hence the phrase, "You can't live life in a bubble")
- The newspaper reports that a giant baby is throwing a tantrum but it turns out that the baby was smiling and the building just went down because he was bumping into them.