|Episode name pun on: The phrase "Blind man's bluff"|
|Airdate:||November 25, 1998|
|Director:||Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken|
How did you like Powerpuff Bluff?
Powerpuff Bluff is episode 2B of season one of The Powerpuff Girls. It aired on November 25, 1998.
A gang of violent crooks uses every resource in the Townsville Jail - including grown-up-sized Powerpuff Girl costumes - to walk right out of captivity and into the local bank, using their Powerpuff privileges to clean out the vault, rip off the jewelry store, and trash the Mayor and his mansion. When Ms. Bellum's suspicion is raised, she tells the Mayor, who misunderstands and has the real Powerpuffs arrested. Ms. Bellum clues the Girls in about the imposters and she tells them that the mayor made a big mistake, and the superheroes bust out to attack the bad guys - as good girls.
- This is the second time that the Powerpuff Girls are arrested. The first time was in Crime 101.
- On a sad but true note, the girls go back to jail after they've been declared innocent for breaking out earlier. This is only temporary, as they return to their normal heroic selves in the next episode.
- Additionally, Blossom received community service at the end of the episode "A Very Special Blossom". That outcome was also temporary, as she returns heroic as well.
- The moral seems to be that even if you disguise yourself as someone, sooner or later someone's gonna find out it's fake.
- Along with the episode Uh Oh Dynamo, Criss Cross Crisis, Ploys R' Us and Forced Kin, Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory makes a brief cameo appearance.
- The costumes are shown to blink at some points.
- When the boss criminal holds up the porcelain poodle, his goatee is a lot smaller than when he and his friends are sitting in a jail cell later.
- Cindy Morrow is credited as Cindy Banks in this episode.
- There is a goof in the ending of the episode where Ms. Bellum's long neck was extended way past the highest point of her hair.
- The head of the girl in the thought bubble of the criminal with the Mohawk hairstyle and five o'clock shadow resembles Bubbles with the blonde hair and blue eyes, except that the girl in his thoughts had a single large ponytail instead of the pair of short pigtails that Bubbles has. That same criminal disguises himself as Bubbles later in the episode.