|Episode name pun on: The phrase "nothing special".|
|Airdate:||June 12, 2004 (Japan)|
March 25, 2005 (US)
"What's the Big Idea?"
Nuthin' Special is the twenty-fourth episode of season 6 of The Powerpuff Girls. It is the one hundred and thirty-seventh episode overall.
Buttercup feels like she's nothing special when she realizes she's the only Powerpuff Girl lacking a unique ability.
Buttercup tries to find her own unique and special ability after Blossom and Bubbles saved a giant Spanish speaking squirrel on fire with Bubbles' multilingualism and Blossom's ice breath abilities. The girls try to help Buttercup find her special ability, but they are seen with the very same super-abilities like tornadoes, supersonic screams, teleporting, and inferno shields, no matter how hard Buttercup tries. Eventually, Buttercup realizes that her so-called "special ability" is that she can curl her tongue.
- This is the second episode in which the girls change their size, the first one being Nano of the North.
- The girls have the ability to shrink in this episode, however, in "Nano of the North", they didn't and were shrunk down by the Professor's Micro-Stabilizer. It's possible that they managed to learn this afterwards.
- In the episode's Spanish dub, the flaming squirrel speaks English, and Bubbles translates it into Spanish.
- The Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese title is "Nada Especial", which literally translates to "Nothing special".
- Most of the skills like transparency, spitting, the Matrix action, etc. have not been used in other episodes.
- Although this episode aired on March 25, 2005, it was actually made in 2003 according to the credits.
- This is the second episode where a Powerpuff girl yells NOOOOOOOOOOO at the screen. The first is "Mime for a change"
- One of the girls' powers is called "Electric Boogaloo Forcefield", and it involves them breakdancing and creating a forcefield of electricity. This is a reference to the infamously panned "so-bad-it's-good" sequel movie, "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo", in which the main plot centers around breakdancing.
- When The Citizens of Townsville struggle to curl their tongues, Gene Simmons from the band, KISS makes an appearance. Gene Simmons is known for having an extremely long tongue, which he stuck out and wiggled during performances.
- Buttercup's outfit is light blue when the Powerpuff Girls first appear instead of lime green, like her usual. Bubbles' dress is also pink during this part.
- When Bubbles says, "What do we do?" her mouth doesn't move.
- One of the citizens cheering for Blossom and Bubbles once the giant squirrel departs has five fingers (the number of fingers we have in real life) instead of four.
- The giant squirrel yells, "Sacame, soy por el fuego!" when the correct phrase for "Put me out, I'm on fire" in Spanish is "Apáguenme, estoy en llamas".
- After Blossom extinguishes the huge squirrel's fire, he says, "Soy salvado" when the correct phrase for "I'm saved" in Spanish is actually "Estoy salvado".