|Episode name pun on: The phrase "Muscle up, Buttercup"|
|Airdate:||June 11, 2017|
Benjamin P. Carow
"The Tell Tale Schedulebot"
"Take Your Kids to Dooms Day"
Musclecup is the eleventh episode (and fiftieth episode overall) of Season 2 of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It premiered on Cartoon Network on June 11, 2017.
Buttercup‘s intentions of getting buff go too far after she overworks at the gym and takes a toll on her crime-fighting abilities when she has to fight the Gnat.
- Abs Man
- Fuzzy Lumpkins
- Citizens of Townsville
- Professor Utonium (Non-speaking cameo)
- This was the only time a hoverboard was shown in the series.
- Fuzzy Lumpkins makes a cameo appearance, making him his third overall appearance and first one in the second season.
- In the scene where the Girls introduced themselves to Absman, the pulsating hearts can be seen.
- Jaydeep, one of the major characters, is actually obviously referencing a real-life storyboard artist Jaydeep Hasrajani, who works for the reboot.
- This is the seventh time when the day is saved without the outro.
- The title of this episode which is the combination of "Muscle up, Buttercup", which is Maui's phrase, a character from the 2016 Disney movie Moana.
- Karma: Buttercup getting all bulked up to fight the Gnat, turns out, she was unable to fly and feeling useless.
- Moral: You don't need muscles to look like a superhero.