|Memory Lane of Pain|
|Episode name pun on: Memory Lane of Bremen|
|Airdate:||July 16, 2017|
|Director:|| Nick Jennings|
|Story:|| Phil Jacobson|
|Writer(s):|| Haley Mancini|
"Home, Sweet Homesick"
How did you like Memory Lane of Pain?
Memory Lane of Pain is the sixteenth episode (and the fifty-fifth episode overall) of Season 2 of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on July 16, 2017.
While going through the Professor's collection of memories of the girls' exploits, Bubbles finds nothing about her and thus questions her worth as a superhero. Blossom and Buttercup try to cheer Bubbles up but their tales of how Bubbles "contributed" to their heroics only make things worse. Bubbles is inconsolable until the girls, the Professor and Townsville's citizens stage a surprise for her.
- The Rubber Bandit
- Abracadaver (Pictured & Mentioned)
- Mayor of Townsville
- Mojo Jojo
- Jared Shapiro (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Robin Snyder (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Citizens Of Townsville
Blossom: Here's the time I beat Abracadaver! Man, I looked so different back then.
Bubbles: Some...hero I am...
Buttercup: Oh, man...Blossom, you screwed up!
- Professor Utonium mentions an incident with an amnesia ray, which likely took place prior to season 2 of the 2016 reboot.
- The picture Blossom dug up from the box depicts an alternate picture of her in her 1998 counterpart's design encountering Abracadaver by herself, which references the fifth episode of the original series of the same name, where the girls' original counterparts took on Abracadaver by fighting magic with magic.
- Blossom is the second Powerpuff to be seen in her 1998 counterpart's design. The first is Bubbles in The Wrinklegruff Gals.
- This episode reunites Tom Kenny and John 'O Hurley who was previously cast from the hit Nickelodeon show SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Also, this episode reunites Roger L. Jackson and Rob Paulsen who known to be the voice of Mojo Jojo and The Rowdyruff Boys from the original series.
- When Buttercup defeated Popsicles, he cried "I'm melting! Melting! What a world!" This is a reference to the Wicked Witch of the West's line from the Wizard of Oz franchise.
- When the Girls confronts the Rubber Bandit, Blossom says, "Reach for the sky!" which is Sheriff Woody's original quote from the Toy Story franchise.
- The way Rubber Bandit shoots rubber with his wrist, it was based Spider-Man's superpower from the Spider-Man franchise.
- This is the third time Ms. Bellum was mentioned.
- This episode aired thirteen years after "That's Not My Baby/Simian Says" of an episode from the classic series.
- Buttercup's line "And once again..." and "...the day is saved thanks to Buttercup" is a reference to the Narrator's catchphrase outro.
- Blossom being frozen to ice is similar to her 1998 counterpart from the classic series episode "Ice Sore".