|Makes Zen To Me|
|Episode name pun on: The phrase "Makes sense to me." and the Asian religious school Zen.|
|Airdate:||April 23, 2004|
How did you like Makes Zen to Me?
Makes Zen To Me is the 2nd episode of season 6. It aired on April 23, 2004.
After beating up Fuzzy Lumpkins recklessly after he surrenders, Buttercup is accused of being too harsh and violent by the doctors and her sisters. She flies to the mountains to find inner peace and meets a monk who helps her gain it. After Mojo Jojo comes to have a battle with the monk and defeats him, Buttercup finishes him with a single bow and returns to her sister.
Buttercup is fighting Fuzzy Lumpkins but in a reckless way. Beating him even well after he surrendered. When Buttercup is done, she says that she's hungry and the girls fly to a local Chinese restaurant to meet Professor Utonium for dinner. After they're done eating their dinners, they each get fortune cookies and read their fortunes to each other.
- Bubbles' fortune says, "You bring sunshine to those who surround you."
- Blossom's fortune says, "Your quality is that of a leader. Others are sure to follow you."
- Buttercup's fortune says, "Be not violent or angry---peace lies within."
Blossom and Bubbles point that the fortune does have a point, with Bubbles saying that Buttercup's been taking her fighting a little too far lately. Blossom tells Buttercup that there was no need for Buttercup to beat the "stuffing out of Fuzzy," and she and Bubbles feel sorry for Fuzzy. Buttercup doesn't get why her sisters are feeling sorry for Fuzzy, as she feels that he deserved the beating since he's a "stinkin' bad guy."
Blossom points out that Fuzzy gave up the fight, but Buttercup kept on beating him up anyway. No sooner have the Girls walked out of the restaurant while arguing then Buttercup is confronted by the doctors tending to an injured Fuzzy Lumpkins. An angry doctor tells Buttercup that because of her, Fuzzy can't eat, talk or think right. Horrified, Buttercup flies off, having found out the result of her heinous actions.
Buttercup then realizes that her sisters were right about her being way too aggressive, and she realizes that she has to change her ways if she ever hopes to find inner peace. A monk helps Buttercup find her inner peace. She practices hard until she gets it right. Soon Mojo Jojo appears and comes to be the master.
Both master and Mojo get into a fight, but Mojo distracts him by saying "Your shoe’s untied!" and beats him with a single punch, so Buttercup beats up Mojo, sending him out of the tower. After the fight, her master is proud of her and she also gives him a kiss on his cheek and the day is saved!
- Blossom and Bubbles only make a brief appearance in the 2002-2005 animated episode outro at the end of this episode.
- This episode is one of the few to show Buttercup's softer side.
- This is the last episode to star Buttercup as the only main character.
- This is one of two episodes in which the narrator doesn't manage to finish his trademark opening line. The other is "Hot Air Buffoon".
- When Buttercup was shown trying to light the candles, her dress changes colors for a split-second.
- Buttercup learns inner peace in this episode. In the sequel to
Po learns inner peace when remembering his tragic backstory.
- The moral of the story is: Don't be violent and angry. True happiness lies within you.