|Divide and Conquer|
|Episode name pun on: To gain and maintain power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power or the mathematical algorithm.|
|Airdate:||September 12, 2003|
|Story:|| Lauren Faust|
Amy Keating Rogers
"Toast of the Town"
How did you like Divide and Conquer?
Divide and Conquer is the second part of the sixth episode of season 5. Lots of the villains make cameo appearances in this episode. The only major appearance is The Amoeba Boys.
After stealing an orange and watching it divide, The Amoeba Boys learn how to make more of themselves. In order to stop them, the girls must use their math skills to save the day.
The Amoeba Boys manage to get away with stealing an orange from a local store. Meanwhile, the Powerpuff Girls are learning math (multiplication and division) at their school. Buttercup starts to complain about how they should be fighting crime instead, and Blossom tells her sister how important it is to learn how to count. At the Amoeba Boys' hideout, they soon learn how to multiply after seeing the orange split into more pieces. Soon a whole army of Amoebas are going about Townsville stealing all the oranges and infecting people with scurvy. The girls quickly come to the rescue using the math skills they learned at school to defeat the Amoeba Boys.
- This is the last episode to have the Amoeba Boys as the main villains.
- This is the only episode to show the Amoeba Boys' hideout.
- The Rowdyruff Boys appear in their later hairstyles on a wanted poster, although this episode aired before "The Boys are Back in Town."
- Bubbles says that she loves math, because the number 2 looks like a swan, but in "Him Diddle Riddle" she claims to hate HIM's math challenge.
- On one of the wanted posters Gangreen Gang is written as Gangrene Gang.