|A Slight Hiccup|
|Episode name pun on: N/A|
|Airdate:||December 6, 2017 (Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia)|
March 7, 2018 (Turkey)
March 22, 2018 (Central and Eastern Europe)
April 20, 2018 (UK)
December 1, 2017 (online, USA)
April 22, 2018 (TV, US)
"The Buttercup Job"
A Slight Hiccup is the thirty-third episode (and seventy-second episode overall) of Season 2 of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It aired on Cartoon Network on April 22, 2018.
Due to drinking tons of soda in order to teach Bubbles how to burp, the girls come down with super-powered hiccups. They try to wait for their hiccups to go away, but when the Gnat comes to attack Townsville, the girls have to try to stop him while trying to avoid causing more trouble to the town.
- The Girls' supersonic hiccups were used 23 times throughout the episode.
- Unlike in the 1998 series, so far this is the first time the Girls had super-powered hiccups.
- This is the fourth time that the episodes premiering back-to-back. The other episodes to do this were, "Escape from Monster Island/Princess Buttercup", "You're a Good Man, Mojo Jojo/The Trouble With Bubbles" & "Sugar, Spice and Super Lice/The Buttercup Job".
- The episode was released on Cartoon Network’s website on December 1, 2017, before airing on TV.
- This was also aired in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia before airing in the US.
- When Bubbles uses her supersonic burp to stop the tornado, stock footage can be shown.
- This is the second time to use the stock footage since "Once Upon a Townsville”
- A 1949 cartoon short Doggone Tired was briefly shown.
- This is the third time Buttercup burped. But in this episode, Bubbles burped for the first time.
- When Bubbles crash into the Pickle Jar Emporium, the song is a sound-alike version of Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World.
- This is the eleventh time when the day is saved without the classic closing outro.